Help us make a difference for children with heart problems and their loved ones.
Since 1984, the En Cœur Foundation has pursued the same mission across Quebec: to come to the aid of children with heart problems and their families. Our collaborators’ initiative and dedication are key components in fulfilling this mission.
En Cœur offers services, support and guidance for children with heart disease and their parents, more specifically through the following:
- Financial support
- The loan of medical equipment
- A mobile pediatric cardiology clinic
- Reception services in hospitals
- Documents d’information pour les familles
All donations concretely help to improve quality of life for children with heart problems and their families.
more than 200 types of heart
In Quebec, three centres have the expertise and equipment needed to properly assist children with heart conditions.
- Sainte-Justine university hospital centre
- Montreal Children’s Hospital
- Le Centre mère-enfant Soleil du CHU de Québec
- Centre hospitalier universitaire de Sherbrooke
According to estimates, up until recently, one out of four children with serious heart malformations was not expected to reach adult age.
Thanks to medical advances and ultrasound technology (echocardiograms), more than 95% of cases can be accurately diagnosed today.
Across Quebec, over 400 surgeries are performed every year with a success rate of 97%.
The children of En Cœur are born with problems that will affect them their entire lives.